A data lab focused on addressing challenges in Haiti through data science
education, consulting and research is looking for new talent. They leverage the potential of data science and analytics to connect youth in Haiti with meaningful employment opportunities and to create solutions to
community identified challenges.
We are seeking a Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our instruction team for the first Data Science Bootcamp in Port-au-Prince. The TA is responsible for performing teaching or teaching-related duties to assist the Lead Instructor for the 3-month training. The TA will assist students with online material and guide them through individual and group projects. The TA must have
full-time availability during the 3-month training.
Candidate is expected to have completed the equivalent education as the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate program on Coursera, such as other MOOC programs, formal higher education or extensive professional experience demonstrating mastery of the content.
Course Dates: March 2020 – April 2020
● Help Lead Instructor develop course content.
● Prepare supplementary material for Bootcamp Prep course lectures with 20 to 25 students.
● Host evening office hours.
● Provide personalized support to students.
● Research and answer student questions as they pertain to the course.
● Translate course content into Haitian Creole as deemed necessary.
● Fluency in English and Haitian Creole.
● Is a data enthusiast with outstanding knowledge of and experience in Python, Probability, Statistics and various Data Science concepts.
● Is equally passionate about data science and teaching.
● Preferably has teaching experience.
● Strong communication skills.
Send CV/Resume to CV@HaitiProStaffing.com
- Career LevelEntry level
- Experience2 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree