Posted: September 2020
This job expires in 30 days
Job Category: Agriculture
Weekly Hours: 40 hours
Employment Status: Permanent
Career Level: Management
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead a team of talented, motivated entrepreneurs in the initiation and operation of a poultry farm. This role will rely heavily on prior industry experience focused on the end to end process of raising, processing, selling, distributing and supporting a high growth BROILER business. The ultimate objective is to grow a business focused on expansion both through vertically integrated business lines and through geographic expansion across the Jacmel region and beyond, across all of Haiti.
· Oversee the entire poultry production process (initially focused on meat).
· Mentor and train agripreneurs to raise birds of good quality.
· Ensure that best practice protocols are implemented and executed for care, feeding, watering, pasturing, bedding, and sheltering of birds.
· Lead the design, construction and direct management of poultry ranging paddocks and shelters.
· Establish and manage all flock record keeping and financial management.
· Manage and direct all aspects of processing, including maintaining communications and schedules with processors, product quality control, and training of crews and supervision of protocols for the humane treatment of animals.
· Develop (and eventually hire) all roles within the company.
· Lead the design and management of all sales, distribution and customer loyalty processes and procedures.
· Lead the acquisition and maintenance of all equipment (truck, trailer, cages, straps).
· If / when egg production is involved, undertake above responsibilities for animal and production systems management and selection, quality control, washing and packaging of eggs until they are ready for distribution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• A passion for excellence in the chicken industry with a focus on growing the leading business across all of Haiti
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience directly in the broiler business
• Some written and verbal English is highly preferred but not required
• Ability to work effectively and respectfully with a variety of people and groups.
• Must interview and work closely / effectively with all team
• A minimum of 3 years experience in managing / leading others
• Ability and interest to learn and improve upon industry best practices throughout the end-to-end value chain of the poultry industry
Email: [email protected]
- Career LevelDirector
- Experience5 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree