Posted: September 2020
This job expires in 90 days
Job Category: Logistics
Location: Port Au Prince (Airport)
Weekly Hours: 40 hours
Employment Status: Permanent
Career Level: Management
Transport and logistics company, that integrates maritime, port, and land service is looking for a full-time countrywide General Manager.
This role needs a trustworthy, organized, skilled manager to ensure that the operation is fully staffed with competent workers, processes are timely, customers are identified, distribution channels are developed, and sales revenue is kept secure. If you thrive in a start-up culture, this role will be for you.
- Organization & Process
- Organization & Process
- Support the implementation of the regional production efforts
- Inform the General Global Managers regarding any regulatory change that could impact the Group activities and/or processes
- Be a local relay for the Regional Managers in case of dysfunction
- Human Resource Management
- Identify and hire local staff to operate, maintain, the facility
- Manage local team leaves in coordination with Senior Regional Management
- Suggest individual salary increases and bonuses
- Internal Control, Audit, & Fraud
- Work with different divisional teams to achieve monthly and quarterly goals
- Is accountable for the implementation of Internal Audit recommendations for his scope of responsibility.
- Duly communicate and coordinate with Senior Regional Management to report any fraud suspicion to the relevant HO Departments.
- Review and strategize budget and financial goals to ensure budgets are respected (Intern
- To oversee the logistics personnel ensuring the effective management of company equipment.
- To overseer, the agency’s empties by ensuring an up to date status report is provided.
- Ensure that equipment control reports are prepared to Head Office and Regional Office.
- Ensure that maintenance of repairs.
- Ensure that empty container releases of export containers are updated in the system.
- Responsible for contract management of all logistics operations.
- Coordinate container on hire / off hire / sublease / sales
- Provide evidence for 2nd Approval on empty storage & transport costs if required
- Manage Reuse / Street turn & Seal Stock
- Manage depot service sourcing & procurement
- Implement pick up drop off policy and invoicing
- Supervise, manage and develop ship operations in the area;
- Ensure the performance of operational activities and oversee associated cost control in the interest of the Owner.
- Monitor all statements, the quality of service and management needs on board.
- Responsible for the company’s operations in Costa Rica and Central America, namely for liaising between charterers and vessels, follow up and close out of operational matters.
- Ensure to liaise with Agency Head Offices, Regional Offices, and Line management to ensure instructions, plans, and procedures are carried out.
- Ensure that relationships with Port, Customs Authorities, and other service providers are developed.
- Report on operational activities, issues, plans, and performance to Senior Regional Management and Global General Management.
- Liaise with departmental managers to ensure the smooth and timely arrival, operations, and departure of vessels.
- Liaise with the logistics department to ensure the timely reporting of equipment activities, maintenance, and repairs and adequacy of stock.
- Follow vessel operations, provide special cargo documentation to the vessel.
- Follow, order, and coordinate services (husbandry & stevedoring including bunkering and departure).
- Generate reports using PRS.
- Coordinate vessel sailing.
- Alert Regional Ops and Lines if the incident.
- Business Development
- Pilot the commercial activity to achieve targets defined by the Lines
- Define the performance target of the commercial team and evaluate it
- Develop direct contact with key customers
- Detect, perform market watch and suggest solutions to develop business opportunities Communicate key information regarding business opportunities to Senior Regional Manager, HO, and RO
- When required by local regulation, represent the Group towards local authorities, government bodies (level 1 Day to Day management)
- Check and accompany on volumes Carrier Haulage at all ports in Costa Rica and daughter agencies’ countries (imports and exports);
- Safeguard that all staff abide by the SOPs in place;
- Ensure that all HO regulations are followed in accordance with the local regulations to avoid contradictions (i.e. Military cargo);
- Monitor all existing bonds to guarantee that they still applicable for handled volumes;
- Arrange the supplier’s contracts to be signed and filled for the entire cluster in coordination with RO/HO;
- Conduct all needed departmental negotiations with the involved service providers at the cluster in coordination with the Regional Office and Head Office;
- Ensure that all extra costs are fully recovered either from a customer or the supplier depending on the case;
- Access performance from service providers and report inconsistencies if any;
- Promote Carrier Haulage conversion inside the cluster;
- Ensure the existence of an up to date market ID for the cluster;
- Price all Carrier Haulage shipments in accordance with the guidelines/margins instructed by Regional Office/HO;
- Guarantee commercial developments– new products and opportunities as well as within the mother and daughter countries;
- Establish and ensure that the Intermodal Budget for the cluster is created and met.
- Minimum 7 years of management experience required (preferably including minimum 5 years in a transport/logistic/shipping role)
- Fluent in English and French
- Knowledge of the Haitian market and USA-Caribbean Trade preferred
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Economics, Business Administration, Foreign Trade or other related to the maritime industry
- Familiarity with manifest and customs documentation
- Strong analytical, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to quickly adjust in a rapidly changing sociopolitical environment