Posted: May 2021
This job expires in 90 days
Job Category: Media
Location: Petionville, Route Frere
Weekly Hours: 40 hours
Employment Status: Intern
Career Level: Intern
Come join a dynamic new national media powerhouse focused on the over-the-air TV consumer. The media company provides absorbing entertainment and objective, intelligent news as we use their own distribution platforms to serve this unduplicated international audience. We meet the audience where it is with the programs it wants.
This media company is seeking an engaging and editorially aggressive journalist intern to join our ranks as an anchor on their news program. The ideal host is passionate about audiences that want information, not opinions. As co-anchor, you will be an important contributor to the creative direction for the daily news program, working with a live show team to build and conversationally deliver compelling shows every day.
The media company’s mission is to inform and not influence, and the ideal candidate deeply understands the distinction between the two. A successful candidate is a strong writer with a great eye for stories, who enjoys working within a collaborative team. In particular, the focus is on economics and business stories and away from politics.
The main show will air Mondays through Thursday and is a headlines-driven, context-packed news program serving the viewer looking for updates on domestic and international news.
The anchor will present news content on the news show in addition to creating written content for the website.
What you’ll do:
- Present assigned major or breaking news events to help inform Newsy viewers while ensuring high-quality, consistent delivery of the coverage
- Assist in the creation of stories and segments for Newsy programs
- Serve as lead writer and content developer on stories and segments for Youtube news show
- Lead in the research and development of in-depth segments for daily or special programming assignments
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Producer and show team to assist in the development of compelling, innovative programming for the website of Haiti focused news
- Present work in live or taped news and special programs, adhering to industry standards for on-camera talent both in and outside the newsroom environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- BS/BA in journalism, communications or related field preferred
- One (1) or more years experience in television or digital video news required
- Sound editorial judgment
- Sound writing skills (including AP style)
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure essential
- Experience working in a dynamic, aggressive, fast-paced newsroom environment strongly preferred
- Project management a plus
- A moderate level of mobility is required in expediting workflow processes and procedures
- Must be physically able to sit at a workstation and maintain productivity for upwards of eight (8) hours on occasion
- A relatively high degree of mental acuity and social skills are necessary to successfully interact with coworkers, newsroom supervisors, and the general public, often under time-sensitive conditions
- Monday – Saturday 8 am – 4pm
Email: [email protected]
- Career LevelEntry level
- ExperienceLess than 1 Year
- QualificationBachelor Degree